So I work across the hall from a Subway and my latest addiction is their cookies. They are so soft, chewy, decedent and PERFECT. On my mission to make my own, I Googled the recipes for “Subway Chocolate Chip Cookies” and came across this site which also happens to come from Pinterest.
1) This is Suzie’s 2nd post regarding the recipe, so after making the cookies to the T of her directions, I noticed they flattened out much more than in her pictures. After looking at the first blog, I noticed she left out the refrigerating for 1 hour minimum which makes the world of a difference. Be sure to do this as the cookie dough is fairly moist (close to a batter) and will be hard to spoon with the tablespoon scoop.
2) FANTASTIC recipe. So fantastic.
3) What kind of chocolate chips to use? Not semi sweet. I prefer the full regular chocolate chips.
4) 12 minutes to make minimum.
5) The trick to these. Margarine > Butter in cookies. I’ve always been told to use butter in baking, but the spreading out is minimized. Using Parchment Paper is a life made easier. Slide it off the cookie sheet, throw some more on.
Yields: 40 cookies, balled in full tablespoon scoops
CAUTION: Will not last over 2 hours.